Once you have created your Prime Trust Login Credentials, you can apply for an IRA / Retirement Account by following the steps outlined below:
1. Select IRA / Retirement Account
After logging in, click on the "IRA / Retirement Account" icon as shown in the image below.
2. Enter Account Holder Details
Under the "Account Holder Information" section, enter the following information for the individual Account Holder:
- Full name (name provided must match the name listed on Government Issued Photo ID)*
- Current address*
- Tax Country
- Social Security Number
- Date of Birth
- Email and Phone Number
*The name and mailing address of the Account Holder must match the name and mailing address listed on the Government Issued Photo ID that will be uploaded in the Document section. If you provide an ID that lists a different address, you will be required to submit proof of address (dated within the last 90 days).
After completing the Account Holder information, you can specify a beneficiary by clicking on the "Yes, I want to specify a beneficiary" box. Listing a beneficiary at this stage is not required, however, a beneficiary is required before your RMD period. If you know the beneficiary you would like to list, we strongly recommend adding it here.
3. Read and Sign Custodial Agreement
Read through the Custodial Agreement and sign by typing your full name into the box provided. Click "Next" to continue.
4. Upload Documents
In this section, you will follow the instructions under "To complete KYC for a person." You will need to upload the following documents:
- Valid Government Issued Photo ID - The mailing address on the Government Issued Photo ID must match the address provided in the Account Holder section. If you provide a form of ID that does not list a mailing address, you will be required to submit proof of address (dated within the last 90 days).
- Proof of address valid within the past 90 days - The mailing address must match the address listed in your Prime Trust Account (i.e. bank statement, utility bill). It must also list a date within the last 90 days.
- Completed Onboarding Packet (Supplemental Individual Account Application) - Download the Onboarding Packet by clicking the green "Onboarding Packet" link underneath the "To complete KYC for a person" section as shown in the image below, or by clicking here.
You must fill out the Individual Activity Information form completely (shown below). Do not leave any boxes blank. If something does not apply to you, please enter N/A.
On the last page of the Supplemental Individual Account Application, review the Account Authorization Agreement and provide your signature. A first and last name is required in the "Name (Print)" and the "Signature" box.
Due to the confidential personal information contained in the Application, it must only be submitted to Prime Trust, LLC using our online portal. To upload your documents to the portal, click on the "Choose File" button and upload your first document (as shown in the image below). To upload additional documents, click on the green "ADD ANOTHER FILE" button. A new "Choose File" button will appear, and you can upload the document by clicking on it.
Once you have uploaded all of the required documents, click the green "UPLOAD ALL FILES" button. After uploading all of the documents, click the "Next" button to move on to the final section.
Please Note: Your account cannot be approved until all required documentation has been submitted and verified
5. Provide Deposit Details
In this section, select the Currency you would like to use to create your opening deposit by clicking on one of the currency options provided (USD, ERC-20 Token, Bitcoin, or Ethereum). Then, fill out the requested information for the specified currency.
If all of the documentation has been filled out and submitted correctly, your account should be approved within 2-3 business days. If you have any questions or concerns in the meantime, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.