Once you have created your Prime Trust Login Credentials, you can apply for a Custodial Account. This self-directed Custodial Account will allow you to custody fiat and digital assets with Prime Trust.
The steps below will show you how to apply for an account:
1. Select Custodial Account
After logging in, click on the "Custodial Account" section highlighted below.
2. Create Account Name
Begin by entering the name of your account. We recommend using the name of the account owner.
3. Enter Account Holder Details
Under the "Account Owner" section, click on the drop-down and select the option for "Natural Person."
Next, you must enter the following information for the individual Account Holder:
- Full name (name provided must match the name listed on the Government Issued Photo ID)*
- Current address*
- Tax Country
- Social Security Number (International clients will need to provide a Tax ID number)
- Date of Birth
- Email and Phone Number
*The name and mailing address of the Account Holder must match the name and mailing address listed on the Government Issued Photo ID that will be uploaded in the Document section. If you provide an ID that lists a different address, you will be required to submit proof of address (dated within the last 90 days).
4. Read and Sign Custodial Agreement
Read through the Custodial Agreement and sign by typing your full name into the box provided. Click "Next" to continue.
5. Upload Documents
In this section, you will need to upload the following documents:
- Valid Government Issued Photo ID - The mailing address on the Government Issued Photo ID must match the address provided in the Account Holder section. If you provide a form of ID that does not list a mailing address, you will be required to submit proof of address (dated within the last 90 days).
- Proof of address valid within the past 90 days - The mailing address must match the address listed in your Prime Trust Account (i.e. bank statement, utility bill). It must also list a date within the last 90 days.
- Completed Onboarding Packet (Supplemental Individual Account Application)
- Download the Onboarding Packet by clicking the green "Onboarding Packet" link underneath the "To complete KYC for a person" section as shown in the image below, or by clicking here.
You must fill out the Individual Activity Information form completely (shown below). Do not leave any boxes blank. If something does not apply to you, please enter N/A.
On the last page of the Supplemental Individual Account Application, review the Account Authorization Agreement and provide your signature. A first and last name is required in the "Name (Print)" and the "Signature" box.
Due to the confidential personal information contained in the Application, it must only be submitted to Prime Trust, LLC using our online portal. To upload your documents to the portal, click on the "Choose File" button and upload your first document (as shown in the image below). To upload additional documents, click on the green "ADD ANOTHER FILE" button. A new "Choose File" button will appear, and you can upload the document by clicking on it.
Once you have uploaded all of the required documents, click the green "UPLOAD ALL FILES" button. After uploading all of the documents, click the "Next" button to move on to the final section.
Please Note: Your account cannot be approved until all required documentation has been submitted and verified.
6. Provide Deposit Details
In this section, select the Currency you would like to use by clicking on one of the options provided (USD, ERC-20 Token, Bitcoin, or Ethereum). Then, fill out the requested information for the specified currency.
If your account is approved, you can log in and add or update your bank account information anytime. We'll show you how here.